- It is possible to restrict the write permissions on hive external directories.
- This would in turn boost the security of data in Hive
- We would just need to add Read + Execute permissions to the directory.
- It is also possible to restrict the access to the files in the ext directory.
- Even with 444 permissions on the files, Hive would be able to read the data.
CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE extTable(id INT, text STRING)
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ‘,’
hdfs dfs -chmod 555 /tmp/extTable
hdfs dfs -chmod 444 /tmp/extTable/test.csv